HOW TO SELECT A COACH?
If you have progressed to the level where you believe a personal coach is the next step in your training, then the logical question is how do I select one? Here is a list of questions to consider when evaluating a coach.
1) Goal: What is your goal? Your goal should determine the level or style of coach.
2) Experience: What is his/her experience?
3) Situation: Can the Coach relate to my situation?
4) Style: What is his/her coaching style?
5) Compatibility: Are your personalities compatible?
6) Cost/benefit: An athlete must weigh the cost versus the benefit.
7) Knowledge: You are not hiring a coach because he or she is a fast runner. You are hiring a coach for knowledge!
8) Results: What are his or her past results with athletes?